Why choose Renaissance Retirement Living?
Here’s what life is like at our Victoria Point retirement village
Because life is easier
Forget the hassle of having to park your car and navigate the car park with a shopping trolley just to do the shopping. As a Renaissance resident you’ll have private access to the Victoria Point Shopping Centre located next door – which means that a trip to the shops now takes just a leisurely walk.
Health and medical services are conveniently located within the Village, and there are no long waiting room times. Visit the GP, podiatrist, physio, massage therapist, or hairdresser, or attend tai chi, aquarobics, exercise physiology or yoga classes, all in the Village leisure centre. Dental, optometry, veterinary, chiro and other services are all located just outside the Village and within walking distance.
What’s more, because you won’t have to spend time on home maintenance, you’ll have more time to spend on the things that bring you joy in life. We take care of the maintenance of your villa, inside and out – that’s including the gardens.
Because community is key
At Renaissance you’ll become part of a vibrant community of people who enjoy life and all it has to offer, who look out for one another and actively work towards the overall spirit and harmony of the Village.
Creating and curating a community is what we ‘do’ – but engaging with the local community is what we love. Since we began 25 odd years ago, we’ve partnered with local clubs, sporting groups and associations. It’s part of our culture.
We passionately believe that enriching our local Victoria Point community only strengthens our Renaissance community.
Because your needs change – and we can keep up
Today’s retirement villages are no longer just a stage before moving into a nursing home.
In fact, most retirement village residents never acquire a need for residential aged care – and many experience an improvement in their lifestyle and health circumstances.
What’s more, living in a retirement village means you’re perfectly positioned to respond to any future changes in your lifestyle. Whether these changes are temporary or permanent, the care and support options available to you in your villa can adapt to your needs.
Combine these adaptable support services and care with a purpose-built living environment that positively impacts your health, mental and emotional wellbeing, and you’ll find your retirement years are everything you ever wanted – and more.
Want more? Here are 17 (yes 17!) more reasons to choose Renaissance:
- It’s just five minutes’ drive to the Moreton Bay islands ferry service.
- There are two hospitals and a specialist medical centre within 10km.
- Our Redland City location with its bay breezes offers a beautiful temperate climate, all year round.
- You’ll have the freedom to travel when you choose and for however long you like, without having to worry about maintenance and gardening.
- Choose the standalone or duplex independent living unit that suits you. Our designs vary in style and size, and each has a front courtyard and private back entertaining area.
- You’ll enjoy the emotional security of living amongst like-minded people, as well as having a range of physical, creative and mentally stimulating activities to participate in as you please.
Plus, our support staff are on hand to help you and your family if you need it.
- Experience the natural bushland reserves, with lovely walking paths, located right next door. You can also enjoy the Village’s bushland walking paths around the watercourse area.
- You can take part in more than 55 resident activities in and around the village leisure centre, many of which are coordinated by our residents through the Residents Association.
- Our bar is open four nights a week – including our ever-popular pizza night on Mondays and takeaway night on Fridays.
- The Residents Association puts on major functions regularly throughout the year for residents and their friends and family – typically including a three course meal and musical entertainment.
- Take part in the Circle of Men companionship group which visits residents of the residential aged care facility right next door.
- Enjoy practising manual arts in our fully equipped and air-conditioned residents’ workshop.
- Spend more time with your family and friends and doing what you love, because maintenance and gardening are taken care of for you.
- Enjoy physical security in the form of gates, security cameras, security screens and on-site staff for peace of mind.
- Enjoy financial security from the provisions of the Retirement Villages Act QLD 1999 and by no unexpected costs or charges (eg. If your house is damaged in a storm).
- Our staff can help residents and their families navigate the My Aged Care website and phone line, and assist with the process of obtaining an ACAT assessment and contacting care providers.
- Our staff liaise with family members when a resident requires medical attention. We encourage family members to keep us informed of the resident’s health progress.
Make an enquiry